Followers

Friday, January 2, 2009

A tribute to 2008

Its that time again. Time to reflect on the previous. Time to express excitement about everything the new year has to offer. Because I am forever an obsessive list maker, I am going to present to you these thoughts in list form:

2008:
-I became obsessed with weight watchers. Remember that, girls? OBSESSED!
-I let go of two of my best friends so that they could be happy...with each other. That was a tough one.
-I went to the beach and ate at restaurants I didn't like with people I love.
-Mississippi Magazine hooked me up with a sweet internship.
-Moved out of a bedroom at a lame apartment complex (Twenty One) and into the dining room of my two best friends' apt. Fun times were had by all. No doubt.
-I painted a mural that took me an entire month. I didn't charge enough money.
-I was a singing brides maid...again.
-I moved into the best apartment I have ever had. It was perfect. PERFECT.
-I tailgated like a pro. Go Dawgs.
-I made lots of new friends.
-I spent time with lots of my old friends.
-I experienced heart burn for the first time.
-I survived my Senior Portfolio Review (and the final semseter of my college career. Almost killed me.)
-I graduated from Mississippi State University with a 4.0 GPA...one of four. Thanks. I'm brilliant. I know (not really.)
-I totaled my Honda.
-I got a new ride.
-I discoverd what real stress is like in December.
-I attended the funeral of one of the dearest friend I ever had. Yet another tough one.

Reasons I look forward to 2009:
-I am starting my career.
-My sister is getting married
-I am going to be able to establish a schedule
-I will have time for myself...for once.

I've decided to pass on the new year's resolutions this year. My goal is to better myself. However I see fit. If that means losing 300 lbs, then I shall do it. If it means picking a butter cup for my mom at the beginning of spring, i will do it. I just want to be a better person and I am going to try in big and small ways to make that happen.

Instead of a single pearl of widom, I'm gonna throw out a few that really stand out to me from 2008 so brace yourself and have a fabulous 2009, okay?

Pearls of Wisdom from 2008:
1. Sweetened Condensed milk can be a sign of true love.
2. Never underestimate your own personal value.
3. Friends and vehicles are huge investments. Similarly they can be good or bad so choose wisely how you invest.
4. Heart burn and death are first cousins.
5. Ambiguous relationships are for the birds...or are they?
6. Occasional emotional breakdowns are okay. And sometimes necessary for survival.
7. Sometimes, your past makes its way into becoming your future. Crazy. Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment