Followers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sweet babies and the words that they say...


One of my recent undertakings has been a wildlife mural in the home of some family-friends. I am very much enjoying this project because I've never actually tackled this type of imagery and it isn't the same ole' flowers and polka dots that i usually get commissioned to paint. This, my friends has presented me with a challenge and provided me an opportunity to apply my eduacation. I love that.

Yesterday, while I was putting the final touches on the antlers of the deer, I was accompanied by the homeowners' grand-daughter...sweet sweet child...a 4th grader. Her younger sister also paid me a visit.

There were a few things I took away from their visit:
1. We should transfer funds from the NASA program to a study on how to harness the energy of children and run vehicles on it.
2. I have an immense respect for parents who make an effort to preserve the innocence of their children.
3. The wonder of a child displayed in even the smallest event such as observation of an artist moves me because it is pure and is not concerned with obligation nor is it interrupted by other important things to do.
4. After being asked the question, "Do you like being older?" My stomach started to hurt and I realized that even though I love to play and sing and dance and imagine just like these kiddos, my literal childhood is just a memory and a bunch of photos. I'm a big girl now.

One more thing I will share:

Though I have not been an Obama supporter up until this point, I found it very encouraging today to witness the amount of support that he does have. As long as he is making decisions that are positive, I will do my best to pray for him as he leads our country and I will join with other Americans in supporting him. I think it is nice to see so many people excited about the things that are about to happen in our country.

Today's Pink Pearl of Wisdom:
Allow something wonderful to happen...every. single. day. I dare you.

*not sure where I found that picture but isn't it simply delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment