Followers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Avoiding "Just Because"

I don't know if any of you have ever just colored for hours on end, day after day for a couple of weeks. Most of you probably haven't. But I have. I. Have. That is all I do these days...trying to get that children's book illustrated. So, when you are just coloring....you have a TON of time to think. In fact, that's about all I do. Color and think. This can be both productive and dangerous.

Having said that, I will share my latest revelation.

Growing up, there was always an order...high school, college, marriage, children...you know..."the order" in which one would ideally have things fall-for the most part.
It occurred to me during my thinking time that I have reached the "marriage" phase of "the order."

O.
Crap.

1. I am no where NEAR ready for this. I have a lot of living to do...and by that, I mean that I have a career to jump start and places to go and people to meet, ya know? Do I really want to be the wifey that cooks and cleans and decorates and entertains just yet? Someday...but not today.

2. I refuse to settle for someone "just because" it is that time in "the order"...ya know? I know of so many people who settle down together because it is time to get married and I'm curious if it is love or convenience that drew them to marriage. I simply can't imagine being contracted for life to someone I don't love and being bound to them merely because I wanted to get out of my house and have someone to share the bills with. That is a miserable way to be, i believe. Oh gosh, I do not want to be that.

So that is the end of that meaningless chat.
Nothing else much happening aside from a little shopping I did today and a blood donation drawn by the new girl. Nice scars from that, I assure you.

Hope January is rocking your socks off!

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
Request the old nurse. She's had more practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment