Followers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ode to the Squirrel Squad

As you all know, I'm once again home. And Ingomar has characters. Lots of characters. Today, one of my best friends revealed herself to be a true one of the super human persuasion.

As we drove down the road, she said, " Hey yall, guess what I did today!?!" Of course, we said..."what?" At this time, she proceeded to explain to us in true superhero form how she had single-handedly chased a flying squirrel from her kitchen. She explained that she had a broom in one hand and a fly swatter in the other. She was also sporting yellow rubber gloves to prevent bites from this potentially rabid beast. Yes, one of my best friends is the leader of the newly formed Squirrel Squad. She openly admitted that she should have worn a collander on her head to make the event more perfect but I, for one, was perfectly satisfied with the picture she had painted of herself flaling her arms about chasing this animal while her weenie dog barked in support.

Stories such as this from friends such as her are what make my life not only bearable, but exciting. I don't know where I would be without my friends and I certainly don't know who I would be for they are a huge part of who I am. They are humor and love. They are consistent when nothing and no one else is. I love them and I thank my God for them each chance I get.

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
Those who think too much of themselves often think very little.

No comments:

Post a Comment