Followers

Friday, March 6, 2009

I found it! I found it!

I know, I know...I said I wasn't gonna write again for a while. But I lied. Sorry folks, it happens. I just couldn't stay away. This is my therapy.

The good news is that I did find my sunshine. I had to open my eyes a little though. Tough to see the light when you are comfortable rolling around in the dark clouds.

So in complete and total tribute to my love for list-making, here is a list of good thinks in my day:

+ The A.M. workout. If you want to feel good about yourself, go workout around 8:30 or 9 in the morning. There won't be a soul there under 87 years old. A COMPLETE confidence booster. Amen.

+During my workout, the guy who does my hair called. He was inquiring as to why I was working out and trying to achieve a "boney a**." In front all of the 87 year old men who did not realize what the other conversation participant was saying, I screamed out "Because I'm trying to fit my boney a** into a bridesmaid dress!"...it occurred to me later that anyone who heard me make this statement probably considered pulling me over to a corner and kindly explaining to me that I was not of the "boney" nature and that somewhere along the line, I had been misled...hahahaha! Humor. Wow. But ya know what? I am finding myself to be much more straight forward and honest these days. If I don't like something, I will say it. If I do, I will say. This approach to life is very liberating and it cuts out on unnecessary drama. Praise Jesus.

+ I got to make a mess today. And Dang it, i loooovvvee making a mess. Painted some burlap for the play we are doing up town (Oh, you haven't heard? I'm an actress. Not really. But I have fun pretending) Spray painted some stuff in my mom's kitchen. She was (not) happy. Oh well. Deal. I enjoyed it.

+MAC PEOPLE CALLED AND SAID MY COMPUTER IS FIXED!!! YAY!!!

+Play practice was nice. Being around people makes me a happy little girl. I love good company.

+One of my BFF's came home and I had the infamous Huddle House cup of joe with her. She is a blessing in my life. We decided we will have a date with each other this weekend because we unfortunately don't have any white knights calling us up and trying to rescue our sweet souls. If you know of any wandering around, let us know. We are looking.

+I probably shouldn't even confess this because it is lame but I just rode around alone after Huddle House. And listened to music. And burned gas. And I was happy. Nice night-time joy ride to end the day.

I'm trying to wear my rose-colored glasses again as I used to do all the time. I hope that you have a pair tucked away somewhere and use them from time to time. It is a healthy thing to count your blessings and thank your Creator for his graciousness in His provisions. I send my love to you all.

Today's Pear of Wisdom:
The fear of asking questions doubles as submission to ignorance.



No comments:

Post a Comment