Followers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Good morning, Ingomar...

About two years ago, this was my adventure. I was awake at 4 am water coloring the sunrise on a lookout point in Vicenza, Italy...just after a 1-hour hike. Every moment that I spent in Italy, I had this exciting and refreshing feeling hovering in my chest. It moved back and forth between uncertainty and confidence, joy and fear.

This morning, I had to let my dog out to do his business and the air outside smelled so amazing that I couldn't stop myself from taking a seat on our back patio and inhaling it. There I sat with a cup of coffee in hand, wrapped in my pink house robe, barefoot and happy. I had that same feeling. Exciting and Refreshing...back and forth between uncertainty and confidence, joy and fear. Because in some crazy part of my being, I am standing in the same place today as I was two years ago. Home is still the same but I am looking at it through completely different eyes now. I know I have adventures and exciting things ahead of me-some easy and some so complicated. I am having to make big girl steps without knowing what will be under my feet when they come down. I am wandering blind and praying for the best.

Today, another week starts and I have tons of work to do. Invitations to create, T-shirts to dream up, Identity work to design, furniture re-finishing to complete, class reunion to plan, play lines to learn...the list grows every day. I love what I do. And I love when the weather is lovely outside. Good weather and good work puts me in a good mood.

Thanks you, Father, for giving us sunshine and sharpie markers.

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
Growing up happens in baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment