Followers

Monday, October 5, 2009

There are days when I feel like making lists. Today is one of those.

1. In my previous encounters with music created by Uncle Kracker, I have never been impressed. In fact, I have been terribly nauseated by his musical contribution. Until today. I'm gonna go ahead and say that I bought...yes...spent money on...two of his new songs. Please don't delete me from your blog list because of that decision.

2. The fall is in full swing. It is cold outside and every day, i'm enjoying a great cup of High Point coffee. Legit.

3. It is play time again. I'd like to invite all of you out to come see "Smoke on the Mountain" this thursday, friday, and sunday! Hilarious family entertainment. If you want tickets, let me know. I'll arrange for you to pick them up at will call. If you need incentive, I'm wearing a plaid jumper as part of my costume and playing the spoons. Amen.

4. Christmas is right around the corner and I'm already making arrangements for this! I'm going to Franklin, TN to see one of my best friends and go to "A Dicken's Christmas" downtown...pumped. AND we are working on Christmas music for our church program...some WON-DEE-FUL tunes for this year. If you want to hear some good music, come to Ingomar Baptist Church. More on that later.

5. God is good, ya'll. I don't have to tell you this for it to be true but I think that His goodness should be recognized any chance we get. To be honest, there are some areas of my life where I get frustrated because I feel like God isn't holding up his end of the bargain. But that is exactly how my little pathetic mind works sometimes. Clearly, I'm WAY off in my train of thought. Because He always comes back and pops me in the back of the head with a big ole' blessing to make me feel like a total jerk. Kinda like last weekend. I was getting frustrated because I had to attend a wedding function on my birthday...and I may have been a little bitter...but then one of my best friends threw me a little surprise party and some of the most fabulous people ever attended. Wow. That totally made my weekend. AND then the next night at the wedding, I got to dance. And as we all know...I love a dance floor and have no plans of letting one escape without me getting a little use out of it. :) So, love your friends and Praise Jesus always.

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
Investing in People brings great returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment