Followers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Days Gone by...

Well, yall....I guess time flies when you're having fun. Or even when you aren't.

I have officially been graduated from MSU for a whole entire long semester. While so many of my friends were still living their lives in Starkville, I was surviving my first semester in the past 4.5 years in Ingomar...every....single...day....of ....it. There have been so many great things and blessings to cross my path in the past 6-ish months and there have also been days when I had no reservations about taking my dog and running away from home. Either way, it has certainly been an adventure and it has confirmed my belief in the ever popular quote "Bloom where you are planted."

If we don't do that, we will absolutely die. If we choose not to bloom where we are because we are too stubborn and don't want to, then our spirits will die and all enthusiasm for life will be totally wasted. Enthusiasm, my friends, is a terrible thing to waste. Why? Because you never know when a little enthusiasm can snowball into something really huge! And you also never know when it can have a positive effect on the way someone else's day will end. Enough of that, now.

My studio is making great strides toward completion. Im quite excited to get it finished up just right. It takes time though and that seems to be the thing that I just don't have enough of these days...I have PLENTY of socks and paint brushes and mud stains from our driveway...but time...time is precious and rare. People who have time to spend as they please are far more wealthy than they realize. I'm learning.

So I suppose today, I will put my rain boots on again and trudge my way to my truck. I will drive to my studio and stop in at the post office...as is the morning routine. I'll turn on some music and the 4 lamps that are sprinkled throughout my studio.....and I......I will work toward some kind of a goal. Completion is my goal. Everyday.

Hope you all have a beautiful day. Maybe the rain won't keep the sun from shining in your world today.

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
If you are searching for instant gratification, don't try paving your driveway. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment