Followers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Two Days in a row...I'm on a roll...

Got new glasses. I like them. They are sweet.

Now onto more profound and deep thoughts that have been plaguing my mind for a while now.

Yeah, you guessed it. Its about growing up. SURPRISE!

So here's the deal. I was raised, as many sweet little sheltered girls are, to believe that Prince Charming is out there...He is sitting on his white horse waiting for the right moment to come pick me up. Now....this could be true, but these day, that is totally not how I see it.

Its more like this: I have a choice. I get to choose who my Prince Charming is. And I get to choose who my Prince Charming is not. And believe it or not...Prince Charming is not gonna be a Prince. He is gonna be a guy. A man...with faults and insecurities and facial hair (hopefully...because I'm a fan). I'm just saying. Disney movies gave me a false hope of the way things really unfold. I still have hope but a much more realistic kind. The kind that understands that bills have to be paid and clothes have to be washed. Right? Maybe when I find it, it will for real be a fairy tale. My fairy tale. Probably won't include swords and castles though. Its funny how age has grounded me.

I still Dream.

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
Choose your fairy tale and live it.



No comments:

Post a Comment