Followers

Monday, July 13, 2009

That's a tarp, not flashing blue lights...

Isn't the word "Dazzle" just a lovely exciting word!? "DAZZLE ME!!" I think I want to scream that to the world. Loudly. And I think the world is constantly screaming it right back at me, if the truth be known, all the time.

Hahahaha....ya know what? In some crazy twisted kinda way, I gonna reach out there and apply this to my love life as well, dang it. That's right fellas. You are gonna have to work for it. Dazzle me. I might give you a piece of my time. I'm not bending over backwards anymore.

I'm also gonna use this as an opportunity to invite you all to see "Broadway 5: Listen to the Music" at the Magnolia Civic Center on July 23, 24, and 25. Tickets are $10 and it will be quite an evening to behold, I PROMISE you this. You will be dazzled! (no jokes about the actual "bedazzler" are necessary at this point, thanks.)

Highlights of life these days:
-Blue Like Jazz. I'm reading again for the 3rd time. It always encourages my walk with Christ. I am giving it away after I finish it so i will be forced to find other encouragers. If you would like to be in the running to receive this precious gift, drop your name in the hat.

-I broke my dance shoe. It was tragically humorous but still broken at the end of the laughter. Crap.

-In the town of Memphrica, which holds one of the highest crime rates in the country, on last Friday night...the cops who should be out busting drug deals and locking up prostitues...well...they were instead choosing to chase me...and give me a ticket...because OBVIOUSLY I was the worst thing they could find happening on the sketch end of Lamar Ave. Yeah. White girl got a ticket for going 50 in a 40. I was profiled and if you want me to be completely transparent about the situation, I'm pissed.

-Today, I will begin a task that I am actually kinda pumped about! I will be starting the Calligraphy on my sister's wedding invitations!! WOO HOO! I have been pleasantly surprised at how well this art has come to me and will be offering it to the general public soon. Spread the word.

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
Stand your ground but when you are driving on it, don't speed lest the hounds be unleashed upon thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment