Followers

Monday, July 6, 2009

Attempt at defeating the Monday blues...


Begin Anywhere. Wow. Endless possibilities, right? This grabbed my attention in two completely different ways today.

1. It is Monday. *sigh* and if that isn't enough....it is rain-ish outside and there is nothing, let me assure you, that is less inspiring in this entire universe than a dreary wet grey Monday morning. The silver lining is that with the piles of creative opportunities stacked in my lap waiting to be tended to this week, I can....begin anywhere. I had an absolutely refreshing weekend. I spent time with some of my favorite people swimming and getting sun scorched....shooting roman candles and twirling with sparklers dressed up in my red, white and blue....hauling my happy self to the Orpheum to witness what may have been one of the most visually inspiring events I have seen in a while....aka...WICKED...and eating some good ole Delta shrimp at B.B. King's on Beale. So despite what my eyes are having to take in this morning, my mind is still feasting on this weekend. So on this Monday morning, I'm gonna begin exactly how I please and make something lovely today.

2. I have always been a rule-follower. Done what's right...whatever. That has been me. And I don't plan to change that. Following that plan of action, I believe, has molded me into a relatively neat character...maybe not...i could be fooling myself. Anyway, I guess somewhere in the past week or two, I have been inspired to shake things up a little. Live, ya know? Not like...go crazy and break the law or anything. Calm down...I'm not off my rockers. More along the lines of doing some things for Leslie instead of always thinking about the other person...doing some things for me. And putting aside the worry that comes along when you constantly are considering what other people think about you and your decisions. Again...I'm not talking about wild crazy stuff here...just talking about doing a few selfish things....for me. This is one of the only times in my life when I will ever be able to get away with that. I have no one attached to me right now...no men...no kids...and so if I am going to be selfish, it should most definitely happen now. And in that, I suppose I can begin anywhere...

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
We are TAUGHT that sharing is good, but sometimes we LEARN that sharing is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment