Followers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Should be napping, but I'm blogging instead...

Whoever drew this little illustration up...well...they captured my heart. And you should let them capture yours as well.

They got it right. They summed it all up right there. I think the word that holds the most importance in that phrase is the word "stop". If you never stop :: If you never take just a brief second to look around, It is inevitable that you will let the pretty amazing part of this life waltz right on past you and you will be left breathing in the exhaust that is left behind.

Happens to me all the time. But I think I will take my own advice sometime soon ...and stop. And make a point to be thankful.

In other news:

Life is taking some turns. Hmmmmm....lets see. What areas should I report to those of you who care about whats goin on?

Work :: Well the studio is lovely. MESSY but lovely. This Friday night, I will be having an open house as a part of a fun event going on here in town called Art After Dark. Come on by and see what I've got going on here...I'm going to put up some of my fine art work from college too so it is sure to be a good time. Come see me :)

Home :: Oh Geez, I'm ready to have this wedding. It is fun but it is also stressing me out. I am very much enjoying getting to do Lindy's Calligraphy on her wedding invitations though. LOVE. IT.

Social :: Yesterday was the conclusion of a summer-long adventure that was known as Broadway 5. I loved it while it was here and now it is over and time to move on to other adventures. I will say, though, that there is nothing quite like stage time. If you have passion for this performing thing, it will eat away at your soul until it is fulfilled. Yes. Exactly.

Men :: Um.... Well..... Stay Tuned... ;) Yep... Just gonna leave you hanging on this one. Mostly because everything in this category that I could write is totally up in the air. Waiting is the worst part, right?

Love :: God has been especially good to me lately. Not that He isn't always, but He has really been smiling down on me in the last week or two. Because He loves me. He knows my heart. He knows that my heart had been hurting and I think He wanted to remind me in a very real way that He is always a step ahead of me...preparing for me refreshing new adventures. Ya know what? God can fix stuff. What an amazing quality. He can fix stuff. God = Mr. Fix it. He has been doing a lot of work on me this summer. He is working on fixing me. He is fixing parts of me that have been completely broken down. He is restoring me to the best version of Leslie....one...piece...at...a....time. And I love Him more everyday for that...because He doesn't have to do it all. But he wants to. He is Love. Therefore I should be also.

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
If you come to a road block, re-route your GPS.




No comments:

Post a Comment