Followers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I promise...Optimism is in the forecast.


Thanks, Oh So Beautiful Paper, for letting me borrow this amazing picture.

Sometimes I think that applies to me...so this image makes me a happy girl.

Yesterday was a productive day. My sister found her wedding dress. Moving forward.

I am so scattered these days.

Ever wondered why the name of my blog is what it is? Well, it isn't because I love the color pink. Or pink pearls. It is because I was sitting in life drawing class one day staring at my "Pink Pearl" eraser (yep, that's the name brand) and decided that Pink Pearls of Wisdom has a nice not-so-obvious artistic reference. Its about an eraser. We use them all the time. Because we mess up a lot. As Artists. Kinda the same way with life. I concluded that maybe someone else could benefit from the mistakes that I make if I would just offer a window of insight into them. My life isn't about mistakes. Not at all. But at this point in my life, it seems like I am making a lot of them-or at least some people think so. I don't know.

There is a lot of humor in mistakes, really. Like Mardi Gras last weekend. Jess and I were fighting for beads and somehow, in the middle of a huge crowd, I tripped over a tree root and fell all the way on my face (in complete sobriety) and almost caused a domino effect in the crowd. Oh the humiliation. But I learned to find a flat surface to stand on while trying to catch beads. That's the important part, right?

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
Don't listen to a 23-year-old blogger when searching for wisdom. They might not know what they are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment