Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

It has been too long...

Finally got my business cards printed. This is what they look like. I'm quite pleased with them. If you pass me in the street, stop me and ask for one. I'll gladly hook you up.

*sigh*

I'm exhausted.

The past few weeks have really been overwhelming...both physically and emotionally...for me.

Instead of getting all deep with you and stuff...I guess I'll just make a random list of my thoughts, recent events, and observations, yeah?

1. When did gyms become requirements for churches? I don't know how I feel about that.
2. I love my studio. It has turned into my favorite place to be with the help of a whole lot of special people. Thanks, ya'll.
3. I've had busy nights. Between Broadway practice and Bible School, there has been not a second of free time.
4. I'm learning who to believe in and I'm also learning about life's disappointments. You know, like the situations where you do everything you can that is within legal boundaries and all your efforts still come up short or just can't make things better. Those disappointments. They are no fun to learn about. Especially no fun to experience.
5. Our Driveway is COMPLETE!!! ...no, seriously...that might be the highlight of my summer. Not kidding.
6. I'm tired of weddings.
7. I'm painting murals in a children's department at Macedonia Baptist Church. I like doing murals. They calm me down. And give me time to think. Which isn't altogether bad...but isn't altogether good either. If you wanna know why, Please reference #4 now.
8. The definition of love is incredibly ambiguous.
9. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.....shame on me, then.
10. I have really come to appreciate people who love me for who I am and not what I can do for them. I love them. And I am learning to distinguish between those who are genuinely proud of me and for me and those who aren't, ya know? I can tell by the authentic excitement in their voices and their willingness to help me in any way that they can. And THOSE are the people who make me want to be a better person and do a better job everyday that I wake up . So if you are one of those people, thank you.

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
"Here comes the sun....its all right." -the Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment