Followers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Divine Appointment...

If you keep up with this blog, even remotely at all, you understand that at this point in my life, everything is not in place. That should be clear. I face new struggles every single day. Some good, some not so good at all. But there is real beauty in that...really.

First of all, it is refreshing to have a heightened sense of recognition when you are on time for a Divine appointment, and I believe strongly in these. When the walk of every day life is smooth, we neglect these appointments and pass them off as merely part of a nice day. But when waking up isn't a fun option because you know that the daytime might create more problems than solutions, a Divine appointment...being where God wants you to be for a reason...is satisfying because you know that you are a part of a plan. A beautiful one.

Second of all, struggles keep me humble. And they also allow for an opened mind in the direction of guidance and Godly advice. I was rambling on about the whole "I'm single...blah blah blah" issue the other night and someone offered some beautiful words to me. The said that the search for love is just like a storm. Its a process and it must be waited out...It is not something we can hurry ourselves through. We. Must. Wait. I have very much enjoyed that comparison and I think there are other struggles that apply to that as well. But regardless, we learn. We learn to wait. We learn to be observant and we become enduring. Our character is strengthened.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."

This is what I shall do. Seek Him and wait for "all these things" or whatever. He is a God of provision.
Amen.

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
Some doors are meant to stay shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment