Followers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

MMM....




I'm in a very pastel yellow mood these days. Butter Cream Yellow. It suits me.

I think that color has lots to offer. It is very flexible. It works with bold or pastel...color or neutral, ya know? My honey bun got me a mixer for Christmas...I opted for the yellow. I realize that it is not red...not "trendy or bold" and I take into account that it is not black or silver...no, not a neutral that will match anything. But I heart it. And every time I see that bright butter color outfitting my retro-ish mixer, I giggle a little. Because it is classic.

And y'all, Classic goes with anything.

Other important items that fall under that category: (because I am in a list making mood)


+A real set of pearls. Good golly. EVERY girl needs 'em. When in doubt, put on a pearl.

+Black Heels. Some shoes may spike question. A good pair of black heels never will. Dependable.

+Blue Willow Dishes. Been in my family for years. If you are truly southern, you have eaten off of blue willow dishes, at the very LEAST.


+McDonald's. Okay, okay. But seriously. When in doubt, McDonald's. They have been around the longest. That speaks to me.

Hope your week will be brightened by something that dons the sweet shade of light yellow :)

Today's Pearl of Wisdom: It doesn't have to match...it just needs to go.

1 comment:

  1. That is very neat... i like it... thanks for sharing... forwarding @->-

    Your friend through all of time,
    dove

    ReplyDelete