Followers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Snapshot.


Wow. This is such a wonderful quote with which to begin today's blog.

I was talking with a good friend about the mood of my blog recently, and yes, it is true...I was a very unhappy little girl earlier this year. Sad, actually. When you are twenty-four and perfectly confused about life, insecurity takes its toll on the human spirit. For those of you who held my hand while I was enduring, thank you. For those of you who I neglected or hurt, I am sorry.

I can say today, though, that I'm in a different place. Not a place of certainty...oh not at all. More like a place of excitement and...

...and wonder.

For an artist, when your curiosity dies, your spirit dies. Your soul dies. And being among the living dead is a bad place.

But Somewhere between there and here, my curiosity waltzed (yes, I do love that word) its way right back into my little wandering mind and started not a spark, but a damn bonfire of creativity.

I have dreams. Big ones. And I want to make them happen. It all happens one little step at a time. And I know that there are going to be sacrifices and compromises I will have to make. Regardless, I have my flame back. I want to make things again. And I want to be successful again. I want to do what I love and not take the easy way out again.

I have NEVER in my life been one to half-way do something. And I have never taken the easy way out...not even when I decorated my apartments in college, did I make things simple...no...complicated-as-hell is the way I operate, for better or for worse. My goal has always been perfection, regardless of the effort, sweat or work that a project might involve. Earlier this year, I saw that value of mine slipping. I saw my work ethic slipping. My passion disappearing. My desire to be the best? gone.

I'm alive again, though, y'all.

And my dear precious friends, It feels good to be happy again. I choose that daily. I am making big changes in my life right now that will continue to move me toward my new goals. Hang in here with me and you will see some cool things happen.

Do I have both feet on the ground? Nope. Sure don't. :)

Today's Pearl of Wisdom:
Whether on a dance floor or in life, standing still is a bad move.


No comments:

Post a Comment